Friday, January 27, 2017

Robots to the museum

Robotics is something I love since I was 10 years old. I worked in a lot of robots during my life. Some of them just for fun, and some of them for professional purpose, but I consider all of them as part of my life. Therefore it was really nice for me to agree with The Robot Museum of Madrid (Spain/Europe) to show some of my robots there as part of their permanent exhibition. 


Some of them, as shown in the picture above are:

  • SAM, a humanoid robot the size of a man, that could interact with people, talk in different languages and use computer vision to follow objects. Built in 2010.
  • Melanie-III, a walking hexapod robot able to walk on rough terrain and carry a payload 4 times its own weight (4Kg), like insects do. This robot won the Hispabot National price in 2004 and was used for research and development, being object of a publication in Springer 2005
  • Retrobot, A dancing robot I built just for fun along with my nephew Manuel. The goal of the project was to build a robot from spare parts of the 80's and 90's that could reproduce music from those years, and dance while shaking a maraca with its left arm, while extending its right arm to ask you for some money. Built in 2011.

Also, the museum will expose some other robots from my collection, including old robot arms and even figures of robots from SciFi movies.

It is nice to see that those robots will be available to the public in such a beautiful place.

The Robot Museum. Madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment